RUNNING TRAINING CAMP IN POKHARA
Have you ever heard about such a destination?
Its a Laid Back city in Central Nepal next to the Phewa lake with a stunning views of the Annapurna range and plenty of trails and hills to run on.
A mild temperatures from mid January-mid March in a range from 15-22 degrees making Pokhara very pleasant location for a training sessions.
Not many people ever considering Pokhara as a running camp destination.
Our team member Roman spent the last 3 winters here getting ready for his summer challenges. As one of his best achievement is a 6th place at the 2018 UTMB. He will show you the best running locations and will guide you on your training journey here.
The amazing facts:
- Foothills of Himalayas are in 5 minutes off the porch. Yes, its means there is a plenty of options to boost up your uphill game before the racing season (up to 750m vertical climb )
- Choose between trails, rocky steps and switchback dirt roads with an easy incline.
- 30min by the bus/taxi and you are in the middle of mighty Mountains ready to hit the trails up to 3500m.
- Huge choice of good food in a local restaurants including vegan/organic options. Cheap and very tasty.
- Amazing comfy accommodations with a lake overview .
- Paved flattish countryside road with a small traffic for a road running enthusiasts.
- One of the greatest paragliding spots on earth next-doors.
- A lot of restaurants with a live music for a evening hang outs.
Not that amazing facts
- Cannot swim in the lake
- You might need to leave this amazing place at some point.
965 EUR*/ full 10 DAYS of training (11nights)
- Accommodations* ( different class/price category, text us )
- Starting pack with some useful stuff
- Welcome dinner
- Good-buy dinner
- Guiding on trails/ training advice's/ camp management
- Yoga classes
- Transportation around: to/from trail-heads.
- Few adventure activities (rafting, paragliding)
- photos and videos
- Annapurna conservation areas permit
- transport to/from Pokhara if you are coming from Kathmandu. Bus: (7-10$) or flying: (120$) options for one way.
- meals, snacks and drinks. We cannot manage it, as everyone have different preferences or diets. (10-20 USD/day)
- personal spending's; souvenirs, etc..
- personal travel and medical insurance
IF NEEDED: EXTRA ADD-ON FOR RUNNERS WHO ARE ARRIVING TO KTM AIRPORT (please email us for a price)
- Kathmandu airport pick-up
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu; on a way to and back from Pokhara (2-3 nights)
- Transfer to Pokhara
- Transfer back to Kathmandu
- Transfer to airport
DAY 1 - ARRIVING
DAY 2-11 TRAINING
DAY 12 - DEPARTURE
21-22 FEBRUARY - Arriving in Kathmandu
23 FEB -3 MARCH: TRAILRUNNING CAMP
4 MARCH: Departure
If you don't like our set group dates, want to stay longer, or want to ask some questions about destination Pokhara - please text us, we can find a solution!